| Vegetable Chowmein Recipe |
Vegetable Chowmein Recipe- Chowmein or Noodles recipe is the most favorite dish for kids now a days. But making this junk food healthy for our kids is a big challenge for all the moms right there. But don’t worry, just make the dish at home instead of ordering from market and use lot of fresh vegetables in the recipe.
Thin flat noodles-1/4 packet or 100 gm
Bell pepper-1 medium pc
Beans-5 to 6 stems
Brocoli-2 to 3 forests
Onion- 1 medium pc
Ginger-1 inch stem
Garlic-2 to 3 pc
Soya sauce-1 tea spoon
Tomato ketchup-1 tea spoon
White Vinegar-1 tea spoon
Red chilly powder -1 tea spoon
Oil-10 to 12 table spoon
- Boil 2 glass water in a deep pan with a tea spoon of salt. Once water starts boiling, put noodles in pan. Turn the flame to medium and let noodles boil for 5 minutes while giving occasional stir.
- Close he flame and transfer noodles to a sieve. Wash noodles generously under cold running water. Drain all the water and sprinkle a spoon of oil on to the noodles to avoid them to stick.
- Meanwhile wash and cut all the vegetables in thin long slices and keep a side for later use.
- Heat 4 spoons of oil an open pan. Add chopped ginger and garlic and cook till golden brown.
- Now add onion slices to the pan and cook for a while at low flame till it turns light pink in colour.
- Add all other vegetables and cook until they get soft and light in colour.
- Add soya sauce, ketchup and vinegar to the cooked veggies. Season with salt and chilly powder.
- Mix well and add drained noodles. Mix very well at medium flame to blend all the vegetables and noodles.
- Close the flame and serve hot chowmien in a serving dish with ketchup or any chutney of your choice.