|Sambar Vada Recipe|
Sambar Vada Recipe- A south Indian Breakfast is never going to complete without having in its list Idli, Dosa, Sambar, Vada. You can see these tasty platter of food at any food joint and road side stalls if your visit to South India. Sambar Vada is actually known as Medhu Vadai in South which are deep fried crispy vadas served with sambar and Coconut Chutney.
Vada and Sambar combination is now very much famous dish all over India. It is a Vada made of urad dal and chawal to be served with Sambhar. Adding chawal gives a crispy flavor to the vadas.
For a quick fix you can try instant vada recipe.
Urad dal-1 cup
Baking powder-1 table spoon
- Soak urad dal in water for around 4-5 hours or overnight.
- Drain water and grind both the ingredients to make thick batter. Keep the batter at warm place for fermentation for about 2-3hours.
- When you want to make vadas, add salt and baking powder to the batter.
- For frying vadas, heat oil in a deep frying pan.
- Take a bowl of water and wet your hands. Take a spoon full of batter and spread over your one palm to about 3 inch diameter.
- For restaurant style vadas, make a hole in the center with a wet finger.
- Wet your other hand and leave the vada in oil for frying. Flame should be medium. Fry from both the sides till light golden.
- Similarly fry all the vadas.
- Vada is ready to serve with hot spicy Sambhar and nariyal chutney.