Instant Uttapam Recipe | Instant Rava Uttappa Recipe | Instant Sooji Uttapam Recipe: Uttapam is a famous breakfast or tiffin recipe in Indian cuisine. There are many different kinds of uttapmas we can make at home. Traditional South Indian Uttapams are made from Urad dal and rice batter, same batter that we use to prepare Dosa or Idli. For quick fix temptations of the south Indian dishes, we have lot of experimental recipes that you can try easily in the kitchen. [Read more…]
|Vegetable Uttapam Recipe|
Vegetable Uttapam Recipe- Talking about healthy break fasts will definitely have Uttapam in its list. Unlike dosa, it is a soft base pancake covered with vegetables of your choice. Here I have used all vegetables available in winters to make my favorite Vegetable Uttapam. Vegetables used totally depends upon your choice, you can make plain onion uttapam or onion tomato uttapam or any other variant of it.
Rice-2 cup/250 gms
Urad dal-1 cup/100 gms
Onion-2 pcs/100 gms
Tomato-2 pcs/100 gms
Bell pepper-2 pcs/100 gms
(Depending upon your taste, more vegetables can be added or you can stick to any one or two vegetables also.)
Red chilly powder-1 table spoon
Coriander powder-1 table spoon
Chaat masala-1 table spoon
- Soak rice and dal in water for 5-6 hours or overnight.
- Drain the water and make a smooth batter using grinder.
- Keep the batter for fermenting overnight at a warm place.
- Next morning put little salt in the batter and mix it well. keep it a side.
- Chop all the vegetables finely and sprinkle salt, chilly powder, coriander powder and chaat masala. Keep it aside.
- Heat few drops of oil on flat non stick pan.
- Put 4-5 spoons of batter on pan and spread it to make uttapam of around 7-8 inch diameter.
- Put 4-5 spoons of chopped veggies on uttapam and spread generously.
- When it starts leaving the corners, turn the uttapam to cook it from other side.
- Cover the uttapam with a plate and cook for 1 min at low flame.
- Transfer it to the serving plate and serve hot with dahi-dhaniya chutney or nariyal chutney and sambhar.