| Stuffed Capsicum Recipe, Bharwan Shimla Mirch Recipe, Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe |
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe or Bharwan Shimla Mirch Recipe or Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe- Stuffed peppers is a dish which exists in different names and forms around the world. Bharwan Shimla Mirch Stuffed Bell Pepper Recipe is one of several stuffed vegetable (Bharvan subji) dishes. It consists of bell peppers stuffed with boiled potatoes, and onions and seasoned with chili, turmeric, coriander, salt, etc. The peppers are then either browned in a Tava (frying pan) or baked in an oven until the peppers are turned to soft.
Bell Pepper- 5 to 6 medium to large pc
Boiled Potato-4 medium pc
Onion- 2 medium pc
Red chill powder-1 tea spoon
Garam masala- 1 tea spoon
Turmeric powder-1 tea spoon
Amchur powder-1 tea spoon
Salt- to taste
Oil -2 table spoon
- Finely chop onion and mash with boiled potato in a bowl. Season with salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and amchur powder.
- Cut the top of bell peppers and fill the potato stuffing generously into a bell pepper. Similarly stuff all the bell peppers.
- Heat oil in a thick bottom karahi, place all the stuffed peppers into it. Cover the karahi with a lid and let them cook at low flame.
- Turn the bell peppers occasionally to cook evenly from all the sides until they turn light brown.
- Peppers will get softer and moist when cooked from inside. Close the flame once cooked.
- Steamy hot and spicy Bharwan Shimla Mirch Stuffed Bell Pepper is ready for your lunch or dinner. It tastes delicious with tandoori roti or Naan.