| Masala Dosa Recipe |
Masala Dosa Recipe- Dosa is a traditional breakfast in South Indian households. It is a savoury flat pan pizza stuffed with aloo bhaaji that is popular throughout India and neighboring countries like Sri Lanka. These pizza like chapatis are usually ten to twelve inches in diameter and are made by flattening the batter consisting of urad dal and rice. It tastes best with Sambhar. Dosa can be stuffed using some other vegetables also to make it different like paneer dosa, onion dosa, plain dosa or paper dosa.
(for 5 to 6 dosa)
Urad dhuli dal-1/2 cup
Water- for soaking
Salt- to taste
Oil-1 table spoon
Chana dal-2 table spoon
Curry leaves-10 to 12 pc
Mustard seeds-1 table spoon
Red chill powder-1 tea spoon
Garam masala- 1 tea spoon
Mustard Oil-2 table spoon
Salt- to taste
For making Stuffing-
- Boil potatoes in a cooker. Soak chana dal for half an hour, peel and slice onion.
- Heat mustard oil in a karahi, add mustard seeds, curry leaves and sliced onion. Season with salt, chilli powder and garam masala.
- Add soaked chana dal and cook or a minute or two.
- Add mashed boiled potatoes and mix well all the ingredients to get nice flavored bhaaji.
For making Dosa-
- Soak rice and dal in water for 4 hours. Drain the water and make a smooth batter using grinder.
- Keep the batter for fermenting overnight at a warm place. Next morning put salt and water if required to get running consistency.
- For making dosa, heat a non stick dosa tawa, add few drops of oil and water to rub on tawa using a piece of paper or cloth.
- Put a ladle full of batter on tawa at high flame.
- Spread the batter using ladle firmly to get evenly thin crust of dosa on the tawa. Keep the flame low medium now.
- Put a big spoon of aloo bhaaji in the center of dosa and spread well in center to cover a strip. Let the dosa cook for a while until its sides start leaving the tawa.
- Turn the dosa from both the sides to seal the aloo bhaaji. Masala Dosa is ready.
- You can serve the dosa with nariyal chutney and sambhar.