| Aam Panna Recipe |
Aam Panna Recipe- Aam ka panna is a tangy Indian summer cooler drink renowned for its heat-resistant properties. Here is a simple recipe for how to make aam panna. Green mango panna or aam panna is a great remedy for heat stroke. In Punjab and Himachal, Aam Panna is made little thick and is famous as Baanji and is eaten as a side dish with chapati or parantha.
Green Mangoes- 1/2 kg
Sugar or Jaggerry- 250 gms
Onion- 1 medium pc
Red chili powder- 1 tea spoon
Fresh mint leaves- 10 to 12 leaves
Cumin seeds-1 tea spoon
Fenugreek seeds- 1 tea spoon
Cinnamon- 1 inch stem
Garam Masala- 1/4 tea spoon
Salt- to taste
Water- 2 glass
- Peel the raw mangoes and rinse in water.
- Steam the peeled raw mangoes with water in pressure cooker for 3-4 whistles till they become completely soft and pulpy.
- Meanwhile dry roast fenugreek, cumin and cinnamon on a pan and make smooth powder of it.
- Let the mangoes get cool down, mash them to take out the mango pulp and make it smooth using hands or blender and remove all the seeds.
- Add jaggerry, salt, chilli powder, garam masala and 1/4 tea spoon of fresh masala made.
- Mix the ingredients or blend to make it smooth. Add chopped onion and mint leaves to the recipe.
- Transfer the ready aam panna to a serving bowl and garnish with fresh mint leaves. You can serve the tangy dish with dinner or lunch as a side dish or as a drink by adding little more water to it.