Bhel Puri is the most commonly sold chaat at the Indian streets or chaat corners. Bhel puri is a toasted puffed rice dish common around Mumbai, India. This can be served as a side dish or as a snack too. This recipe is at the hit list among the children, making it a good evening snack for them. [Read more…]
Archives for September 13, 2016
Idli Recipe – Idli is a traditional breakfast in South Indian households. It is a savoury cake that is popular throughout India and neighboring countries like Sri Lanka. The cakes are usually four to five inches in diameter and are made by steaming a batter consisting of urad dal and rice or Suji(rawa) for its instant idli version. It tastes best with Sambhar or it can be made for a starter dish as Chili idli.
Urad dhuli dal-1/2 cup
Baking powder-3 spoons
Water- for soaking
Salt- to taste
- Soak rice and dal in water for 4 hours.
- Drain the water and make a smooth batter using grinder.
- Keep the batter for fermenting overnight at a warm place.
- Next morning put salt and baking powder in the batter and mix it well.
- Put 1 spoon of batter in each greesed idli mould.
- Place the moulds in steamer and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- De-mould the idlis and serve with nariyal chutni and sambhar.
|Rava Idli Recipe|
Rava Idli Recipe- Instant Idli or Rava Idli is a very popular South Indian breakfast dish which is very simple to prepare at home. It does not require any elaborate grinding like the traditional idli and can be prepared in a jiffy.
Idli is a quick and traditional breakfast recipe very popular in South Indian households. It tastes best with Sambhar or it can be made for a starter dish as Chili Idli or Masala Idli.
Baking soda-1/2 tea spoon
Baking powder-2 spoons
Salt-1 tea spoon
- Take a large bowl, add rava, baking soda and baking powder to mix well all the dry ingredients.
- Now add curd to make batter. You can add little water to balance the consistency. Leave the batter for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Give a generous mix to the batter to remove any lumps and Put 1 spoon each in idli mold. I am using microwavable molds, but you can go with normal steel molds too.
- Place the mold in microwave water container for 2 minutes. After 2 minutes demold the idlis.
- Our rava idli is ready. Serve it with hot and spicy Sambar and nariyal chutney.